Walnut Creek Amphitheatre
Walnut Creek Amphitheatre is a beautiful outdoor music venue in Raleigh, North Carolina and plays host to some of the biggest bands and artists in the world. It originally opened on July 4, 1991 and was built by the City of Raleigh. The amphitheatre has a capacity of 20,000 making it an ideal venue for large summer events.
Throughout it's history Walnut Creek Amphitheatre has had three other names with it's origin incarnation being Hardee's Walnut Creek Amphitheatre between 1991 and 1998. This was followed by Alltel Pavillion at Walnut Creek between 1999 and 2007 after which it switched to Walnut Creek Amphitheatre (it's current name) for a year (2007-2008), followed by Time Warner Cable Music Pavilion between 2008-2013 and now back to it's current name again.
With the intention to host large concerts during the summer from the biggest artists and bands from the United States and around the world, Walnut Creek Amphitheater has over twenty years of live music history.
Any major act that has had a tour in the last twenty years has at performed here including Aerosmith, Alanis Morissette,B.B. King, The Beach Boys, The Black Crowes, Black Sabbath, Blink182, Bob Dylan, Bon Jovi, Bonnie Raitt, Boston, Britney Spears, Bryan Adams, Coldplay, Culture Club, Dave Matthews Band, Def Leppard, Deftones, Drake, Duran Duran, Eagles, Elton John, Fleetwood Mac, Iron Maiden, Jane's Addiction, Jethro Tull, Journey, Kanye West, Kid Rock, Kings of Leon, KISS, Korn, Lauryn Hill, Lil Wayne, Luther Vandross, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Mary J. Blige, Matchbox 20, Metallica, The Monkees, The Moody Blues, Mötley Crüe, 'N Sync, Neil Young, Nelly, Nickelback, Nine Inch Nails & David Bowie, Paul van Dyk, Pearl Jam, Phil Collins, Phish, Poison, Prince & The New Power Generation, R.E.M., Red Hot Chili Peppers, Rod Stewart, Rush, Sade, Santana, Shania Twain, Sheryl Crow, Steve Miller Band, Sting, Styx, The Who, Tina Turner, Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers, Tony Bennett, Tool, Tori Amos, Usher, Van Halen, Velvet Revolver, The Who, Yes, Zac Brown Band and ZZ Top.
The venue also regularly hosts festivals with past events including Charlotte Blues Festival, Furthur Festival, H.O.R.D.E. Festival, JazzFest, Lollapalooza, Mayhem Festival, Ozzfest, Smokin' Grooves Festival, SoulFest Uproar Festival and Warped Tour.
Constructed by The City of Raleigh in 1991 and covering 77 acres the total cost for building the venue came to $13.5m. The seating capacity is 6,847 with approximately half that being under cover, while lawn holds a further 13,653 bringing the total capacity of the venue to 20,500.
Please note the following when attending Walnut Creek Amphitheater:
- You can get to the venue from the west via I-40 East to Raleigh, Exit #300 - Rock Quarry Road, from the South and East via I-95 North to I-40 West to Raleigh, Exit #303 - Jones Sausage Road, and from the North and East via US 64 West to Raleigh on to I-440 Inner Beltline South, Exit #15 - Poole Road.
- Get to the exit point at least 1-2 hrs before the start of the show you are attending to avoid traffic delays that can occur for some events.
- With nine parking lots at the venue there is plenty of space for attendees and parking is including when you buy a ticket. However for Premier parking near the gates there is a $20.00 fee.
- Picnics are welcome before the show, and alcoholic drinks are available within the venue.
- The Box Office is open next the gate between 5pm and 9pm on show days. The number for the Box Office is (919) 831-6400.
- The venue has accessible seating.
- For maximum enjoyment for the entire audience you can bring the following items into the venue; blankets, seat cushions, backpacks, ponchos/rain jackets, umbrellas (small size only please), binoculars, water (one sealed bottle of water per attendee), strollers (welcome on the lawn but not in the reserved seating area and can be checked in at the Guest Service Booths) and low sitting lawn chairs (seat no higher than nine inches off ground).
- Items not allowed include; alcohol, bottles, cameras, coolers, illegal drugs, laser pointers, lawn chairs with seats higher than nine inches off of the ground, pets (except service animals), recorders (audio or video) and weapons.
- Personal cameras are allowed but no flash photography, video and removable lens cameras without the approval of the venue.
- Children under the age of two are allowed free of charge but must sit in the adults lap and not use additional seating.
- The venue is outdoors and all events are rain or shine.
- Snacks, hot foods, hot & cold beverages are available as well as alcoholic drinks.
You can find a list and description of the upcoming concerts showing at Walnut Creek Amphitheatre here as well as buy tickets (where available), find the address, get contact details and see the seating chart. You can also get updates on the latest concerts by following us on our Twitter.